Business Support officer
We are a financial institution providing secured business loans to UK SMEs and investors. Our head office is in London and we also have offices in Belfast, Manchester and Glasgow.
Our parent company is Kvika Banki hf, a commercial bank listed in Iceland with its head office in Reykjavik.
Our products include:
- Standard residential investment bridging
- Developer exit loans
- Commercial property acquisition and refinance
- Acquisition/refinance of trading businesses that operate from property (i.e, hotels, pubs and care homes)
Our guiding principles are:
- Expertise: We focus on quality in everything we do.
- Integrity: We do the right thing in an honest, fair and responsible way
- Reliability: We have consistently supported borrowers and brokers regardless of economic and political events
- Local: We have offices in London, Manchester, Belfast and Glasgow
- Innovation: We love complexity and think differently
What you can expect
- As a Business Support Officer, you would provide operational support to our Lending Managers and Credit Managers as they structure and manage loan transactions.
- Working from our Belfast office you will play a vital role within our team, making a difference immediately. You will be joining at an exciting time as we have many interesting transactions ongoing and are building and implementing new systems and processes.
- A competitive and attractive compensation package and a great deal of opportunity for growth within our firm.
What we expect
We would expect you to perform the following tasks:
- Assist with transaction and borrower research.
- Help to prepare of source of wealth documentation for internal sign-off.
- Assist with the drafting of credit papers that are clear and of a high standard.
- Help to manage professional advisors, including brokers, solicitors and valuers.
- Prepare initial borrower files and maintain these appropriately
- Work with our Credit and Finance teams to fulfil post-completion requirements, including issuing welcome letters.
- Monitor and act on existing loan facilities within the portfolio, which may include smart-searching and issuing repayment reminders.
- Ensure property insurance is correct and chase expiring insurance policies.
- Monitor conditions subsequent on all loan facilities and send follow-up emails accordingly.
- Process repaid loans, which may include requesting redemption statements, instructing solicitors and arranging security release sign off
- Maintain E-keeper (our loan management system) and other records for reporting purposes.
The successful candidate will be driven, have good attention to detail and have a genuine desire to contribute to the continued success of our business.
They will have at least a year of experience working in an office environment – ideally in financial services. They may already be working in a lending environment or they may currently be in a different sector and ready for their next career step.
The candidate will be a good communicator with a positive and helpful attitude.